Welcome to Sam's Pink Slippers!

Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Ultimate Foundation Showdown

"Searching for a boy in high school is as useless as searching for meaning in a Pauly Shore movie."  - Clueless
Well, that is how I feel when searching for the perfect foundation. I've tried so many and the quest continues. The NYX HD Studio Powder Foundation in Natural I got a couple of weeks ago from Ulta, turned out to not be a good color fit.

So, then I decided to try the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation. Kat's foundation is very thick and definitely full coverage. However, I think the fact that it is so thick, it clogged my pores and caused me to break out. I don't know if maybe it's because my skin is so sensitive or that it really is because the foundation is so thick and my skin just couldn't breathe. I think for most days I should wear a lighter coverage foundation, and if there is an event or night out, the full coverage foundation is the way to go.
 
Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation
 
 
Since returning the Kat Von D foundation, I decided to stick with the tried and true CoverGirl Ultimate Finish liquid powder foundation. I've used it before and really liked it, so I decided to just stick with what I know!
Ultimate Finish Liquid Powder Makeup
Easy, breezy, beautiful... CoverGirl. :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Im using MAC and it does wonders for me, now im afraid to try anything else.

    yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post, I have sensitive skin too so I'll be skipping over Kat Von D's liquid stuff. I'm currently using Clinique's liquid foundation and I really like it. I wish the coverage were a little better, but no complains besides that. Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I hope that I'll see you back soon :)

    xoxo,
    Genie

    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete